Last Revised: March 30, 2018
The information and images you provide us is stored within secure servers located in the United States. RIC may move any and all data to other locations, including Japan. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
I. Management of Personal Information
- “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify or contact an individual, natural person, including, for example, name, address, email address, credit card information, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information or that can be used, alone or in conjunction with other information, to identify a person.
- RIC recognizes that protecting the information of all people who supply Personal Information to RIC is an important duty of RIC, and RIC is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit over the Internet. We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, do not use the same password for multiple web sites, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
II. Collection and Use of Personal Information
- As a part of the Service RIC will acquire Personal Information from Users for the provision of the Service.
- RIC will collect and use information, including Personal Information, within the necessary scope for the purposes stated below.
- Personal Information required to administer an Account for which information was provided by User as part of the Account creation process, such as email, name, phone number, etc.
- Personal Information from a User in connection with feedback about the Service.
- Technical information about the use of the Service, including the IP address of the User, the device ID used to create the images uploaded to the Service, the interactions with the Service, use statistics, etc. as more fully detailed in the “Technical Information” section below.
- If you use sharing features of our Service, we will share your Personal Information as needed to perform the sharing functions you request. But we don’t have any control over what the people, services, or third-party websites you’ve shared with do with your Personal Information after that, and removing such Personal Information from the Service does not mean that they have not preserved such Personal Information through other means prior to such removal.
III. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
RIC may disclose User information, including Personal Information, to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If prior consent has been received from the User;
- To third party service providers to provide Users with the Service, with appropriate supervision from RIC to fulfill a purpose of use;
- With our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control (“Affiliates”), in which case we will require our Affiliates to honor this Policy;
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, Personal Information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires RIC, its business, or assets, that company will possess the Personal Information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your Personal Information as described in this Policy;
- In connection with any legal investigation;
- To the extent required or authorized by law or to respond to subpoenas, warrants or other legal process or requests for information served on RIC;
- To a governmental entity, if RIC, in good faith, believes that an emergency involving danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure without delay of communications relating to the emergency;
- To protect or defend the rights or property of RIC or Users of the Service; and/or
- To investigate or assist in preventing any violation or potential violation of the law, this Policy, or our End User License Agreement.
Payment Processing Information. For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of Stripe. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information or other related information necessary to complete your purchase. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please see https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
IV. Your Choices Regarding Information
- If you believe RIC is in possession of your Personal Information that you want modified or deleted, you may make changes or delete your account at your discretion, directly through our Service or you may send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we will make commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request.
- Please be aware that not all requests for changing or deleting your Personal Information may be granted, including but not limited to the following instances:
- If the requester cannot confirm that they are the User or a legitimate agent of the User;
- If a request is made to disclose, amend, add, delete or cease use of Personal Information not held by RIC;
- If there is a risk that disclosure of Personal Information held by RIC will endanger the life, property, safety or other rights and interests of the User or a third party;
- If there is a risk that disclosure of Personal Information held by RIC will significantly impede adequate operation of RIC’s business and such disclosure is not legally mandated;
- If disclosure of Personal Information held by RIC will violate other laws or regulations;
- In the case of a request for amendment of or addition to Personal Information held by RIC, if an amendment is not necessary for the purposes of use or if the requested amendment or addition is not factually true;
- In the case of a request for deletion or cessation of use of Personal Information held by RIC if there is not deemed to be a violation of RIC’s procedures (usage or acquisition outside the purposes of uses or provision to a third party for reasons other than those stated above); and/or
- In the case of a request for deletion or cessation of use of Personal Information held by RIC, if it is difficult, not legally mandated, and the rights and interests of the User can be protected by alternative means.
V. Technical Information
Encryption technologies using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is used to prevent information theft etc. by a third party during communication when Users provide highly confidential information via the Service.
It may not be possible to use SSL depending on the User’s computer environment. In this case, please be aware that the User may not use the Service or particular elements of the Service.
Like many online services, we use technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, which allow us to make your use of the Service easier, more efficient and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return. Cookies are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and occasionally track information about your use of a website. A number of cookies used by the Service last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used for a longer duration, where for example, you have elected to your login details for when you next return to the Service.Some of the cookies used by the Service are served by us, and some are served by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.A cookie cannot read Personal Information off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites; indeed, the only Personal Information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. Accepting the cookies used on our Service may give us access to information about your browsing behavior, which we may use to personalize your experience and track user traffic patterns, and to merge this info when you register. We do this in order to determine the usefulness of our Service to our Users.The cookies we use are explained below.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Service. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how Users use the Service, for instance which pages Users go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect Personal Information of Users. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous and is used to improve how the Service works.
- Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow the Service to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Web Beacons or Pixel Tags
RIC uses web beacons (also known as Pixel Tags) in conjunction with cookies to understand user behavior. Web beacons are simply a convenient way of gathering basic statistics and managing cookies, and do not give away any extra information from your computer. Turning off your browser’s cookies will prevent web beacons from tracking your specific activity.
- Use of Log File Information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, IP address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to gather information on the number of times of access, error logs, and other information of a similar nature about the use of the Service.If you would like to know more about how Google uses data generated from use of our sites, please visit Google’s Privacy & Terms http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.If you would like to opt out of these features, you can do so by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.RIC does not accept responsibility for any damages caused by use of the Google Analytics service.
- Third-Party Links
Links to the websites of companies related to RIC or third party companies (hereinafter “Third-Party Links“) are placed in some areas of the Service to improve convenience for the User. Accessing these links may take the User away from the Service. Although the RIC, RICOH TOURS or RICOH THETA logo may be displayed on some parts of the Third-Party Links, RIC is not involved in the content posted on Third-Party Links and does not accept responsibility for the website’s handling of Personal Information.Third-Party Links may issue cookies, gather data or gather Personal Information according to their own policies. This Policy does not apply to the handling of information on other, linked websites. Therefore, in the event that a User accesses any Third-Party Links, RIC recommends that the User read the policies of these Third-Party Links relating to protection of Personal Information before providing Personal Information.RIC HAS NOT REVIEWED ALL THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND DOES NOT CONTROL NOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY LINKS, THEIR CONTENT OR THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES. RIC DOES NOT ENDORSE OR MAKE REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THIRD-PARTY LINKS, OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR MATERIALS FOUND THERE, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USING THEM. IF YOU DECIDE TO ACCESS ANY THIRD-PARTY LINKS, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Our Policy Towards ChildrenChildren under the age of 13 are not eligible to use the Service and must not attempt to register with the Service and/or submit any Personal Information to us. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone who is under the age of 13. If it comes to our attention that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13, we will attempt to delete this information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information about a child, please notify us as set forth in Section Vii(4) below.
- Notice to End UsersIn the event that the Service is provided or shown to end users or customers of the User as embedded in the User’s website, the User is advised to show or notify this Policy or relevant portion thereof to the end users and customers.
- AmendmentsRIC may amend this Policy from time to time. We will provide notice of any changes by posting this Policy on the Service and changing the “Last Updated” date below. You should consult this Service regularly for any changes. Your continued use of the Service after any changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
- Contact Center for Inquiries Relating to Personal Information/Contact Information for ComplaintsComplaints and other inquiries from Users relating to the handling of Personal Information are accepted by email at email@example.com or logging a support request at https://ricohtours.com/hc/requests/new